Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jay.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!!! (Oct 17)
I didn't write a blog entry on Jay's actual birthday... because why would I be wasting time writing when I could be gazing into his beautiful blues?! hahaha cheeeeeeesy! jk jk jk

No, but really... I spent all weekend with Jay and it was glorious. He turned 27! (Sounds so old!)

We spent Friday playing poker with his family... including his 80ish yr old grandma who always takes us for our money.  She's a gambling machine.  I lost $20 to his family. I know the poker hands and all, but the gambling rules and trying to trick people is just not my thing. You can read it all over my face when I am trying to bluff. My face always says "Oh shit! I have NO idea what I am doing!!"

Saturday morning he went golfing with the boys.  They golfed for six hours. SIX?!! I do not even know how that is possible. I lose interest after the fourth hole and just want to drink my beer and drive the golf cart in circles.  Which is what I end up doing.

Saturday evening nine of us carved pumpkins... they were pretty fantastic.  Except for Ashley M's pumpkin (sorry dude).  She kind of got frustrated with it and punched a hole in it, then gave it whiskers, ears and called it a cat pumpkin. HAHAHA. Hilarious! I don't mean to laugh at you, m'dear, but your frustrations with the pumpkin were laughable. Too bad I forgot to take a picture of it.

 our friends pumpkin carving.

 Jay's pumpkin on left... mine on right :)


Then... Saturday night was a full blown party. Beer. Food. Lots of friends. Laughs. Drinking games. Dancing. So. Much. Fun! We had a nice blend of "my friends" and "Jay's friends"... and I write it like that because after four years... "my friends" ARE "Jay's friends" and vice versa.  Our friends from both sides were able to hang out together at one time, which is so nice, but so rare.  It was fun seeing everyone get along and have a great time, because if we went to the same high schools I bet all our friends would be friends, they are so alike with the same values, interests, and most importantly... similar senses of humor (or is it "sense of humors"?? I'm voting the former over the latter).  Jay's best friends are still his friends from high school and my best friends are still my friends from high school (with some new friends scattered here and there).  So, overall... a great time with great people.  
some of the girls at the party (and me with Clancy... Jay's old old OLD dog)

 drinking game called Chandelier.

...I just realized i took NO appropriate pictures of Jay at his party (he looks too drunk in every single one of them) haha!

Sunday was spent watching football.. and by watching I mean... Jay and the boys watching football while I napped on the floor with blankets and pillows. A fantastic end to a great weekend.

Happy Birthday, lover.


And now I will end with a montage of pics of me and Jay.  You can skip this part if you want, but I enjoy it.
 At a pub near U of I

 me with my homemade birthday cake... when I turned 23

 found this on a hike at Starved Rock

 about to go pumpkin picking 2009

 asleep at a party we threw

 up at my cabin - Summer 2010

 at a wedding Spring 2010

 Same wedding Spring 2010

In Dublin, Ireland... June 2010
Up at my cabin Summer 2010
 Sears Tower Skydeck Fall 2010

 DMB Concert @ Wrigley Field

 Clark Street Alehouse Chicago Fall 2010

 At a nursing school party 2008


<3 u.

*******************************************************************************

My Fall & Winter To Do List!!!
  • Bake cupcakes from scratch
  • Go to Pops for Champagne (A champagne bar in Chicago)
  • Take pictures at a park in my home town
  • Apple picking
  • Pumpkin picking and subsequent carving
  • Sew my own Halloween costume
  • See a Drive-in movie
  • Knit a scarf
  • Learn to crochet
  • Make spiced cider
  • Grow out my hair
  • Spend less money
  • Eat lots of food on Thanksgiving
  • Shop at a thrift store
  • See a musical or play
  • Have a Christmas party with my girls
  • Snowboarding
  • Learn to ski
  • Get straight A's
  • Buy my friends' Christmas presents at a resale shop
  • Bake a pie from scratch
  • Celebrate New Years in style
  • Go sledding
  • Cuddle with Jay... or maybe my cat... under a blanket 
  • Visit my friends in Oregon

2 comments:

  1. Adorbs.

    I didn't realize you took ANY pictures on Saturday. I have NO memory of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You 2 are so cute together! looks like you guys always have a good time!

    ReplyDelete