Last night... I sat on a couch, with my friend Ashley M, ate warm chocolate chip cookies, and drank homemade spiced cider... all while we watched Glee! The perfect mid-week, holiday season night. I just put apple cider in a pot and threw in some brown sugar, all spice, cinnamon, and cloves and heated it on medium until it all tasted yummy and warm. Truly delicious.
Exciting things are happening this month!!!
- Only two exams stand between me and the end of my 2nd quarter of grad school
- Tonight I am going out to dinner in Chicago with two of my bestest friends, Laura and Lisa. We are going to try a new restaurant that none of us have tried.
- Saturday I am making a drop-off donation at my local food pantry. Every little bit helps.
- December 17 a friend's band is playing at the Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville (home of the Chicago Cubs)
- December 18 is my work Christmas breakfast and gift exchange
- The week before Christmas is when all my out of state friends come back home
- December 20 is my thrift store Christmas party with my best friends. (We are doing a secret santa - but everyone can only spend $5 at the thrift store)
- December 21 going to see the zoo lights at Lincoln Park Zoo
So many exciting things happening between now and Christmas time! I love the holidays!
My Fall & Winter To Do List!!!
- Bake cupcakes from scratch
- Go to Pops for Champagne (A champagne bar in Chicago)
- Take pictures at a park in my home town
- Apple picking
- Pumpkin picking and
subsequent carving Sew my own Halloween costume
- See a Drive-in movie
- Knit a scarf
- Learn to crochet
Make spiced cider
- Grow out my hair
- Spend less money
Eat lots of food on Thanksgiving Shop at a thrift store See a musical or play
- Have a Christmas party with my girls
- Learn to ski
- Get straight A's
- Buy my friends' Christmas presents at a resale shop
- Bake a pie from scratch
- Celebrate New Years in style
- Go sledding
- Cuddle with Jay... or maybe my cat... under a blanket
- Visit my friends in Oregon