Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Christmas is almost here and I am all about embracing this winter wonderland. 
I had a $5 thrift store Christmas Secret Santa this week. Sounds amazing... I know!  We each had a secret Santa and the gifts had to be from a thrift store and you could not spend more than $5. It was fun and challenging. We all ended up with fabulous things... a furry canteen, a 98 Degrees CD, an Esmerelda Burger King toy, a tea pot, a Lost puzzle... lots of great stuff!  It was mostly fun to drink hot cider and chat and catch up with my friends. So much fun when we are together.  
 Drinking hot spiced cider and enjoying each others' company :o)


 A Canteen!


 Lauren just got married in October... one of her thrift store gifts was a 
"Best way to get pregnant naturally" book. Haha!


Esmerelda Toy

Ninja Turtles Game

Last night we went to Lincoln Park Zoo Lights in Chicago.  I was with 8 of my favorite people. They decorate the zoo with Christmas lights and some of the animal exhibits are open.  We got to see gorillas sleeping.  They sell hot cocoa and cider and popcorn. It is a winter wonderland.  Prior to the zoo we also ate at Revolution Brewery, which I highly recommend... and also insist that you order the Mustard Chicken Sandwich (Grilled chicken, spicy mustard, garlic aoli, fontina cheese, red onion, and arugla... DELICIOUS) and order the Bottom Up Belgian Wit Beer (Refreshing Belgian-style wheat beer spiced with coriander and orange peel).



Revolution Brewery


Lincon Park Zoo Lights

Lincoln Park Zoo Lights

I LOVE giraffes

Live Ice Sculpting



Also... I booked a trip to Oregon.. along with four of my best friends in the world... to visit our two best friends who now live in Oregon (So the seven of us pictured above are going to be together in Oregon!!)  It is going to be insanely amazing.  We are going in February.  We were hanging out waiting for everyone to get off work last night and decided to see if the prices had dropped from last week and they were $100 less than they were 4 days ago. We jumped on it and now we are all going to Oregon!  So exciting.
********************************************************************************************************
My Fall & Winter To Do List!!!
  • Bake cupcakes from scratch
  • Go to Pops for Champagne (A champagne bar in Chicago)
  • Take pictures at a park in my home town
  • Apple picking
  • Pumpkin picking and subsequent carving
  • Sew my own Halloween costume
  • See a Drive-in movie
  • Knit a scarf
  • Learn to crochet
  • Make spiced cider
  • Grow out my hair
  • Spend less money
  • Eat lots of food on Thanksgiving
  • Shop at a thrift store
  • See a musical or play
  • Have a Christmas party with my girls
  • Snowboarding
  • Learn to ski
  • Get straight A's
  • Buy my friends' Christmas presents at a resale shop
  • Bake a pie from scratch
  • Celebrate New Years in style
  • Go sledding
  • Cuddle with Jay... or maybe my cat... under a blanket 
  • Visit my friends in Oregon <<< FEBRUARY 18-25!!

No comments:

Post a Comment