Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trying not to get too excited





So, I haven't really talked about school much lately, mostly because it has been drab.  I learn a lot, yes, but the hands on experiences are what I really love and love to talk about. So, I am excited to report that my clinical rotation starts this summer! This summer's rotation will focus on basic health assessment. By the end, I should know how to fully assess people and know what the next steps are to take if I see a problem.  I found a place that is close to home that has two Certified Nurse Midwives in the practice. I am beyond excited to work with them because the thought of becoming a midwife has always sat in the back of my mind.  I am the type of person who is always planning and jumping ahead (those of you who know me are probably laughing at the solid truth in that statement). So, now that becoming a Women's Health  NP is coming up.. I am already thinking.. do I want to become a midwife??  I need to slllowwww down and make it through the program, then graduate, then get a job, then work for a little while, throw in a marriage and some kids in there... and THEN I can think about becoming a midwife. Either way I hope this works out. I haven't received a definite yes from them yet, I should know by next week.  Trying not to get too excited.  This experience with them could be so valuable to me.  So, for those of you who pray... pray for me that this works out. K thanks! 

1 comment:

  1. That's so neat. Hopefully working with them will help you decided on what you want to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete