Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Food Frustration

I made dinner for Jay last night and it almost ended in tears.  I truly hate cooking for him.  He is just really good at cooking so he is the one who cooks all the time.  Every now and then I get an urge to cook for him, like I did last night.  I had questions on the best way to cut the chicken and which way he thinks would be the best way to cook the chicken.  He loves the science of food and cooking, so he explained a lot of stuff to me and the reasoning behind why there are certain techniques about cooking that I just have to know.  Even though it is not his fault, I ended up getting frustrated and upset, because I do not like doing things that I just totally suck at.  I feel stupid in front of him, because I know he is so good at cooking and I almost get embarrassed (which of course is ridiculous and irrational, because he is the one person I should never feel embarrassed in front of).  So I kick him out of the kitchen and hold back tears as I talk to myself in my head... "Rachelle, really? This is so not worth crying over. You are cooking. Just do your best and get it over with. He is going to eat whatever you give him and love it. Suck it up and save the tears!"  In the end I prepared...

Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with feta cheese drizzled with a balsamic glaze. (the only way i eat bacon)


and... 

Pan fried seasoned chicken breast topped with guacamole, onion, tomato, lettuce, pepperjack cheese (and Jay's had bacon) on a Kaiser Roll with sides of potato salad and baked beans.


He loved it and the dinner was a success.


To balance out my inability to really cook...
I am good at...
-taking pictures (do not judge from my crappy cell phone pics above).
-being a friend.
-staying in touch.
-planning.
-being a nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment