Saturday, February 20, 2010

Number Two


Random thoughts in my head...

I work. I play. I work. I play.
That is all I do... its quite odd to me.
I have been a student for all my life... and realizing that I could choose to never take a class ever again... is weirding me out.

I work as a nurse on an Ortho/Neuro unit... our focus is on patients recovering from ortho surgeries and patients recovering from strokes or other neurological deficits. I am starting to really get into the groove at my job, so its feeling more comfortable, but I do not want to become too comfortable. My big goal is to have a masters or doctorate in nursing, but my dilemma is that I have no clue in which direction to head. I am kind of going between three professions... nursing educator... women's health nurse practitioner... or family practice nurse practitioner. I dread the idea of going back to school and having to do clinical practice over again, but... I also dread the idea of not furthering my career.

For now... for right now... I am going to just work and play. I worked last night... and now I get to play tonight. A friend from high school and his wife just bought a house last month so I am going to attend their housewarming party. Unfortunately, since I worked last night I am exhausted and did not have the time to both sleep and make a home cooked appetizer for the party. So I cheated and I am bringing hummus and crackers... and organic vodka! I was going to make meatballs. A friend from worked suggested the easiest recipe ever.. MEATBALLS! Another time...

I love my friends from home. They are and always will be my bestest friends. I have six solid girlfriends who are my nearest and dearest and then a bunch of other friends who I remain very very close with... all from high school. We just work so well together and we have so much in common, but we all understand our differences and celebrate them at the same time. It's really a beautiful thing. I am about to go hang out with a bunch of them... so... ta ta! Time to make myself look pretties!




Picture above: a man I wanted to befriend... but did not.
.. Syndney, Australia.




Random Rachelle...
-I love to do makeup.. on me... on others... love it.
-I love shrimp... I could eat it every day.
-My cat's meow has changed... it sounds lower... like he went through puberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment