Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wicker Park Fun


The past couple years I have started to really get to know the city of Chicago and more recently the neighborhoods of Wicker Park and Bucktown. The neighborhoods are so cute, with a lot of young families living there. During the summertime, a lot of the restaurants have outdoor seating and people are always bringing their pups and their kids in strollers to have a nice bite to eat. Anyway, I thought I would share with you some of the places we frequent and new places I experienced these past couple days.


Restaurants
Bars

Shops
New Places I went to the past 3 days...
...This place was AHmazing. I ordered the fish tacos, which were probably the best fish tacos I have ever had. Lisa ordered goat cheese stuffed roasted chicken served with spinach and gnocchi. Laura ordered panko-crusted chicken served over a delicious salad. Lauren ordered macaroni and cheese, which wasn't bad, but nothing to rave over. The ambiance was intimate, yet fun. The food was delicious and I have heard from my friend, Ed, that their breakfast is to-die-for. Definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone.

...This place had an Italian-theme to its decor, but the food options were very random. I ordered Eggs Florentine with crab meat, potatoes, and fruit... amazingly delicious. Ed ordered the breakfast burrito, which he raved about. Lisa ordered a turkey sandwich which she also said was delicious. The place is very cute and small and yummy. I recommend this place too!
...After going out to Cans for a couple drinks, we went to Evil Olive for 'after hours' since it was open til 4am. The places was super dark, super crowded, super hot, super sweaty, super everything. The music was really good, they placed some amazing old school hip hop, but overall my experience was just 'eh'. I had a blast, but it was definitely not due to the crowded atmosphere and 3 bathroom stalls for women, that's for sure. I had a blast, because I was with a bunch of people I knew and they made my night fun.

...This place has such a cool concept. When you walk in, the place is set up like a deli, but they do not serve food, they serve shirts. They have all different kinds of t shirts and tank tops. You can flip through their book or bring in an image and they will print it on the piece of clothing of your choice. Then, they give it to you wrapped in a sandwich and served with a bag of chips. It's such a cute little shop, with a fun twist.


... Sweet Home Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment