Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Being thankful, yet wishing for more

Although I mostly associate Thanksgiving week with binging on food and shopping for deals, I do like to remind myself that this is supposed to be a week to reflect on things to be thankful for. 

I am thankful for...
  • My gigantic family - there is always someone around, makes you feel like you always have someone to support you.
  • My old friends - most of my bestest friends are from grade school/middle school/high school. I love them so much. We have grown to be such different people, but its like we are family now, we accept each other along with all the craziness that follows.
  • My new friends - it is hard for me to make new friends since my old friends are so great and I feel like most people do not live up to their standard, but that just means the few new great friends I have made since high school are just that fantastic.
  • Jay - He keeps me steady when I get flustered. He makes me laugh when I want to scream. He is so very kind. I love him.
  • Being financially stable -  right now my financial situation is not too much of a worry for me, which I am so very thankful for, since I know so many families out there are sadly struggling.
  • My happiness - I have become recently aware of how unhappy some people truly are. It boggles my mind that some people are generally unhappy or dissatisfied with life. I am thankful that I am not one of those people, I strive to find light in even the darkest moments.  I have only a handful of unhappy days a year and I smile more often than not.  When I am stressed, I do throw a fit, but end up just laughing at myself later at how ridiculous I was.  It is just takes too much of my energy for me to be unhappy.

Even though I am very thankful for the life I have been blessed with... I still do wish for some things.  Christmas is coming and like every child (at heart) at Christmas... I have a wish list for all the Santas out there that want to brighten my holiday with gifts! (That means you!)

A keyboard so I can re-learn to play the piano.



This bag from Urban Outfitters



T-Mobile's new G2 Phone


The board game Quarto!
So much fun... and it makes the rusty wheels in your head turn!


Knee high argyle socks
This Aero Bed Airmattress.
My family used to have one when they first came out, but after 7 years of constant use, it finally crapped out. 
I spend a lot of time visiting people and I want one of these again.


An eternity scarf.
It is one big loop.


Someone to bake me white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. My favorite.



A trip to Spain.
Hey, a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment