Sunday, March 14, 2010

current me


A lot has happened since the last time I posted at the beginning of this month.

Bullets are so necessary here...
  • Visited Champaign, Illinois to hang out with old and new friends. I love the fact that my friends, both old and new can all get long. Such great people. We grabbed some beers, played some pool, and danced.
  • Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D. I have mixed feelings about the movie and I am starting to think I should maybe see it again. I had all these ideas of what I thought the movie would be, fun, funny, playful... but I felt the movie was not. It was way more dark and serious that I expected, but now that I know that maybe I should see it again? It was definitely visually pleasing and entertaining, but just not up to par with what I was wanting to see.
  • I was able to file my tax return. I know nothing about money or finances, so I handed over my forms to my mother and she handed them over to her "guy". I should probably learn, but it is so much easier to hand a piece of paper over, then have to sign my name in a couple places, then I get money back. This year my tax return is going towards the camera I am going to buy that I wrote about a couple blogs ago.
  • Three of my bestest friends live together in the city and they just got a puppy (pictured above)!! Well, its technically Laura's pup, but since they live together they are going to be mother (Laura), step mother (Lisa), and step mother (Lauren) to the puppy. I am calling myself his auntie. He is a pug and his name is Oscar. I honestly have never really liked pugs, because they are so alien-like to me, since they cannot look me in the eye and they are able to lick their eyeballs. This pug, however, has won my heart over. Lisa and I had to take care of him for a day while Laura was at work and we bonded. The pup may pee everywhere, because the previous owner was awful and never potty trained him to go outside. This pup does not bark, does not bite, is super playful and loves to snuggle. I am in love.
  • Friday, Jay's friend's band was headlining at a bar called The Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville, right across from Wrigley Field (home of the Chicago Cubs). The band is called MER (lead singer = Edmer). Listen to his music if you get the chance! Anyway, the show was so much fun, with friends of friends of friends everywhere making the crowd an awesome dance party. I am so glad Jay's friends from home, who I consider to be my friends too, are amazing and always up for a good time. Many of my friends from home are just as fantastic as his, or even more so, but less up for getting tipsy and starting a dance party out on the town. I need to start pushing them to do more fun, "in our mid-twenties" outings.
  • More exciting news... one of my friends from the University of Illinois just got a job at my hospital... and on my floor! I met my friend Emily B freshman year, first semester in Rhetoric 105. The class totally sucked, but I made so many friends from that class that I continue to keep in touch with to this day! Emily and I weren't besties or anything, but she is an awesome and fun person and I really hope she ends up working my shift. Having fun people to talk to definitely makes the shift go by faster.
  • Manny Pacquiao won the fight last night :) My family is Filipino and they love their record-breaking, Filipino boxer.
... so that sums up my last couple weeks. With the gaps filled in by me working three days a week.


And upcoming events....
  • Tomorrow... eating SUSHI with my friend Franke. I. love. Sushi.
  • Mar 17th. ST PATTYS DAY... Chicago definitely celebrates this holiday with a bang... and I happen to be off of work... so day drinking in Chicago... here I come :)
  • Mar 21st... Jay's family does a "corned beef and cabbage" meal every year and I can FINALLY attend this year. I have been unable to go the past 3 years. Hopefully I'll like this corned beef stuff... eek. I have started to develop an aversion to meat recently. Seafood is where its at!

Have a great week everyone!



Random Rachelle...
  • I wish I had the balls to wear those feathered headbands. (my head is too large)
  • I wear a size 8 in shoes.
  • My toenails are always painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment