Thursday, March 25, 2010

dinner and theater? yes please!

[My brother - Ryan - briskly walking past Wrigley Field trying to get to the theater]


Just got home from seeing The Skin of Our Teeth a comedic production by cast members of The Artistic Home. My brother and I took the train in and froze our badungas off in the Windy City wind! After battling (and winning against) the wind, we had a really great dinner at the Goose Island Wrigleyville Brewpub. The picture (below) edoes not do my salad justice. We are planning on going back, because my brother is just shy of being 21, so he didn't get to try any of their beers. We then took a brisk and bitter walk to The Artistic Home. My overall thoughts of the show were... eh? The show was definitely entertaining, but it was odd, confusing, random and 2.5 hrs long. The theater is tiny - 45 seats and the actors get up in your biz, so there were uncomfortable moments for sure. The actors were definitely talented, but I was just overall confused. Refer to the website if you want more information, but I don't really recommend seeing the show. I still had a blast just hanging with the bro.


[um... yum!]



Got me thinking though... I used to act in high school! How did I do that? Even though I am more confident in who I am as a person now than I was back then, I do not think I would have the balls to get up in front of a crowd and play different characters now. I had to portray so many different people...
  • Rich school girl who loved to party and smoke marijuana when mommy and daddy were at work
  • University of Wyoming student, Zubaida Ula, who was angered that people could act so hatefully against someone for being gay
  • Princess in Rumpelstiltskin
  • "White" trash lady who wore a teal sweatshirt with a howling wolf on it
  • Elf in a Christmas play
  • 5 year old at a birthday party who just wanted to eat cake
  • Real estate agent trying to sell a fabulous home.
I wish I had the time, effort, and opportunity to act again.

...Not going to happen.



What a great and random Thursday though!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot you did all that.

    THe only one I can remember is The Larimie Project...

    ReplyDelete