Monday, March 15, 2010

my body hates me


pic from here

I have been so unbelievable unhealthy lately. I need motivation. I need summer.

My current excuse is that I am either sleeping or on the go. I only work three times a week, but I work 12 hour shifts and I am a night-shifter... making my sleep schedule all whacked. Then, on my days off I am either in the city living it up or down in Champaign, IL visiting the boyfriend. I am seriously almost never home on my days off. My 2001 Toyota Corolla ("Rolla") and I are best friends... we are always driving somewhere. (I have had my car since I was 15 years old and it still runs like a dream)

With that being said, it is difficult for me to plan healthy meals and go to the gym. I am often presented with the dilemmas: go to the gym or sleep because you are exhausted from being up all night... go to the gym or spend that extra 2 hours with your boyfriend that you miss so much... go to the gym or beat traffic and head to the city to hang out with your best friends... go grocery shopping and make a healthy meal or grab some Jimmy Johns on the way to Champaign. The latter(s) always win.

The thing is, I do not mind working out and I do love eating healthy foods. The problem is getting there. Once I get to the gym I will do the deed and workout and feel good, but motivating myself to get there is the problem. Eating healthy foods is not difficult for me, I love vegetables and fruits, but the motivation to plan these meals out is where I lack.

excuses... excuses... excuses... aren't we all just full of them?


Random Rachelle...
- My room is orange and I love it.
- I have a pimple and it is driving me crazy.
- I miss Jay.

2 comments:

  1. Dude! I feel you.

    I've got to start my Getting Healthy...last week.

    I'm awful. I've been telling myself I'm going to work out since LAST FRIDAY but I haven't. And I can't exercise tonight - we're going out to dinner with Honey. Where I'm going to eat to much and feel shitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that is pretty much exactly how I feel. Only I work 5 days a week plus an extra 10 hrs of commuting...the only days I'm actually exercising are my two days off. And sometimes not even then.

    It's really hard to find the time to eat healthy and exercise, and it's really starting to get to me, but I'm going to keep trying until I get it right, dammit!

    Stay strong, birthday twin!

    ReplyDelete