Tuesday, July 13, 2010

kick in the butt.

I had a little freak out last week when I realized getting a Masters Degree is NOT easy. Well, duh, Rachelle.  I cried a little, stomped my feet a lot, and had a small temper tantrum.  I planned this ENTIRE summer before I even knew I got into school (I literally had every weekend day that I am not working booked from June through September).  So, now on top of working full time at the hospital and having every weekend booked with trips, parties, picnics, cabin trips, concerts, festivals, and shows to go to... I have to squeeze in getting my Masters Degree.  I might as well don a spandex suit and shiny patent leather boots and make everyone call me Wonder Woman, because I am going to need super powers to make it through this summer.  


Last week, my whole freak out moment started when I received a 30/50 grade on a quiz.  I think I really needed this to kick me in the butt and get me into shape. Well, get my brain into shape, that is.


I took this kick in the butt seriously and worked hard this past week (I even took "cabin" time to study at the library)... and I got a 50/50 on my last quiz! Go me! It made me realize that it IS possible to succeed, you just need to eliminate shopping days, city visits, and lazy days with friends in exchange for study time and quiet days at the library.  I think I'll be ok. It also helped to have motivational words from Jay and some of my friends... especially Shley.

Next week is my trip with the girls to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin for my birthday.  The big quarter life birthday... 25 years old. Yikes!  I feel so old, but I know I am still so young. I won't reflect on my life in this post, but I feel I have to reflect on my life every year around my birthday.  Isn't that what birthdays are kind of for? To look back on the past and smile at the memories, assess where I am in the present, then make plans for the future? Well, birthdays are also for celebrating and just getting silly tipsy on wine with friends and family... which I plan to do in Sturgeon Bay. I'll do the serious reflecting next time.

Until my trip to Sturgeon Bay... my life will be... Study Study Work and Study.  
Off I go to... guess what? Study.

1 comment: