Monday, July 19, 2010

My Toys' Story

I saw a "double feature" with Ashley M last Friday.  We were angered, appalled, confused, annoyed and downright flustered with the pricing of movies these days, especially when you intend on seeing a 3D movie... like TOY STORY 3 in 3D!

So, we decided after seeing Toy Story 3, we would sneak into Despicable Me and get our moneys worth...darn it! 
 After laughing and crying through Toy Story 3, we should have definitely seen Despicable Me prior to Toy Story 3, because Despicable Me was not that great in comparison.  Toy Story 3 was amazing and everyone should see it.

Anyway, I started to think about my toys from my childhood...

My favorites?

Legos
... I used to always build houses, that was it, always houses.


Teddy Ruxpin
... i loved reading with him. Now when I look at him though, SO creepy! Right?



Polly Pocket
I think this is almost the same as the one I used to own.


Barbies
What little girl didn't like Barbies at one point?


Ninja Turtles
My mom used to bribe me with Ninja Turtles haha. I was a really good dancer as a kid, in jazz, tap, gymnastics classes galore. I would never want to perform at family events, so my mom would bribe me. haha. I ended up with a lot of Ninja Turtle accessories.


Life the board game



Pillow Bear

... which I still have... in my room... in my closet.  :)  My Pillow Bear is like my "Woody".  I would take him everywhere.  We used to take a lot of roadtrips when I was a kid, because my parents didn't have money for cruises and European trips back then, so we traveled all over the U.S.  Along with me came my pillow bear.  I wish I could remember what name I used to call him.  He is so cute.  His nose is crooked because it fell off and my mom had to sew it back on, his flannel shirt has holes in it, his feet have stains all over them from me dragging him around. I love him.

I wonder what toys my mother has kept for me stored in her basement...

1 comment: