Thursday, July 15, 2010

Live Mighty

Jason Mraz opening for Dave Matthews Band?! Yes, please!!

Since I was in seventh grade I have had a strong love for Dave Matthews Band. I had older cousins who were into them and influenced me into loving their music.  


My love grew in high school, especially when I went to more concerts, with the favorites being the ones attended at Alpine Valley.  


Then... in college I learned about this artist, Jason Mraz. A geeky, fun-loving, hippie, surfer from California.  He was a skinny, awkward dude in his early twenties. 

I saw one of his shows... 


 ...and from then on it has been love.
 
Jason Mraz has since grown into quite the attractive man... no longer awkward or geeky. Just pure sexy.

yum.

Whenever Jay wears this hat, people tell me he looks like Jason Mraz.  
I couldn't be happier to hear this.  


heck yes!

Jay and I also have this agreement, if I ever get invited back stage and Jason Mraz falls in love with me and wants to whisk me away to Bora Bora... Jay is not allowed to argue... it just has to be!

ANYWAY... September 18th... I am proud owner of 4 tickets to see Jason Mraz opening for Dave Matthews Band at Wrigley Field (Home of the Chicago Cubs).

Excitement is SEEPING out of my pores. I cannot concentrate. I cannot even fathom how much fun this day will be. There will be drinking and eating in Wrigleyville. There will be dancing in the streets. There will be dancing in the stands. There will be screaming when I hear both Jason and Dave's sexy voices. There will be lots of singing to all the songs I know the lyrics too... and there are plenty of them.  
Watch out neighbors in seats 8 and 13!

Sidenote: concert tickets are SO expensive these days!  Granted this is Jason AND Dave... and also the concert IS at Wrigley Field in Chicago... but... still... the cheapest tickets were $66 after all the fees and taxes!  (Most expensive were $100ish) Although I do have to say... I did see Jason Mraz for $10 two years ago, because he is awesome and knows students are poor. I am sure the venue makes the prices skyrocket.  

Either way I am game. I am there. I am pumped. I am amped. I am ecstatic. Can you tell?

and to end with the words of Jason Mraz...

Live High
Live Mighty
Live Righteously


1 comment: