Friday, May 14, 2010

Stop the fast forwarding!

Looking through my blog, I realize that I just use it to post pictures. That is not what I meant this blog to be for. I wanted to use pictures to make it more interesting, but it was supposed to be a place for me to write about stuff... what kind of stuff? I still don't know. I just let my fingers do the typing and they usually come up with something that is somewhat, mildly, kinda of entertaining.

So in recent Rachelle news, I just finished applying to a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner program at the University of Cincinnati. It is a "distance learning" program... aka online. This was glorious news to me, because from the moment that I decided I wanted to go into Women's Health I did not think this was an available option.  Now, I can continue working, move wherever I want to in the next 1.5 years, and still be able to get my master's degree.  Life is just coming and going so fast!

Jay, the boyfriend, is potentially graduating this December and if not, it will be next May.  Once he graduates our lives are going to move with someone pushing the fast forward button.  Jay graduating leads to Jay getting a job... Jay buying a ring.. Jay proposing... us moving in together... all the while I will be going to school... then I graduate... then a house... then marriage.. .then kids... then AHHH.  Hold it. Stop it. Slow down. Finger off the fast forward button.... aaaannnd rewind. Phew! Fast forwarding leads to me freaking out.

So... let's stay in the present...

Right now I just got called from my work saying they do not need me to come in until 11pm (I usually work 7pm - 7am), which kind of sucks because I need to be working to make money to save money for Ireland (we leave in 2 weeks YAY).  On the other hand, I am going to be celebrating my friend Franke's birthday tomorrow. We are going to the horse races all day. I am very excited and could use 4 hours of extra sleep. Hopefully the next time I blog I will have lovely pictures of horses for you... and a picture of me with my $1,000 winnings! :)


Also... with my application sent... I will be finding out within 4 weeks if I got into the Women's Health Nurse Practitioner program. Yikes! I am super nervous. Hopefully I find out before I got to Ireland and I can either celebrate because I got in... or drown myself in Jameson and Guinness while I am there.  Win win situation!


For now I am going to nap. I love my bed. I love sleep.


ta ta

No comments:

Post a Comment