Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wine. Food. Friends.

Ever since I was in third grade I have never enjoyed eating pork.  My best friend at that time was Muslim and since she didn't eat pork, so it made sense to my 8 year old brain to not want to eat pork either.  Then, when I got older and tried the meat again, it just was never all that appealing to me... until this past Thursday, when I went to visit Jay and our friends had us over for dinner.



Tom and his lady Toni cooked us a delicious dinner.  I took pictures so you could drool over the feast...

Here is Tom our wonderful Chef :)
 

... and Toni the sous chef... look at her working hard!

Jay and I brought over wine.  
Ashley M introduced this yum stuff to me. 
I am forever thankful that she did.


Jay and I also brought over brie and camambert. I love love love cheese.


 Jay bought this beer which I learned is brewed in the Chicagoland county of DuPage



Tom is working away
I caught Tom stealing from Toni's stash of cucumbers. So irresistibly crunchy.
A cool snapshot of Tom's stove.

 Tom has a great apartment full of character.

 This is Toni


Jay drinking his Dupage beer and me and my shiraz. :)

We bought this torrontes wine as well, but never drank it. 
I hope it tastes like a summer day.

 This pork was seriously delicious.
 I have never eaten pork that tasted so wonderfully or that I enjoyed so much. 
Tom may have turned over a new leaf for me in my world of pork-eating.

   After dining on brie, camabert, water crackers, shiraz, pork, cucumber salad, and rice... we watched Land of the Lost.  
The movie was awful. 
Do not go see it.



A cool shot I snapped on our walk home.




No comments:

Post a Comment