Wednesday, May 26, 2010

pump it


I made it to the gym two days in a row. I am proud of myself, darnit! Doing the work at the gym is somewhat an issue (I last about an hour before I get bored, yawn), but the bigger issue is getting myself there. I somehow rationalize why I do not need to go at the moment and find better things to do with my time... watch Mad Men... make a fruit smoothie... write love notes to my lover... organize my closet... pack for Ireland... AHhhhbviously these things are more important! ... or at least I somehow manage to convince myself so. When I have someone to hold me accountable and who I can also hold accountable (Thank you Franke) it makes it harder to make up excuses.  So, this is our new plan, to force each other to be more active.

What I need to realize is that my heart and body need to get this exercise, so I can live a long and healthy life. Remember this, Rachelle Mae!  (My mother calls me Rachelle Mae when I am in trouble, so I figured it should carry through when I yelled at myself in third person). Maybe if I had better workout music? (please entertain my excuses)  My ipod needs an update. My favorite work out song ever: Pump It by The Black Eyed Peas. I. Love. That. Song. Try working out to that song, I guarantee it will get you going.  Maybe I just need to be inspired.  I'll just keep working on it.

On a fun note... Thursday is here! I love Thursdays. I get paid every other Thursday at 2am (yay monies!), but more importantly, a bunch of my friends get together and drink a couple down while we moan and groan about how much we loathe working. For the record, I do not loathe working, but if I had to choose between not working and working, without having to worry about money, I would probably not work. I do, however, like to play the "I hate being an adult" game with my friends and partake in the moaning and groaning about work. If I won $300 million, however, I would not work... or maybe work one day a week to keep my sanity; I enjoy human interaction and the thrill of the job. Dream a little dream with me.

I will be sad when Thursday is over, because that means Friday will be here. Friday starts my epic saga of working. I will be working five 12hr shifts in a row. I have never worked more than three. I will be utterly exhausted, but the reward is worth the pain. I have to work five 12hr shifts in a row in order to go to Ireland. Bring it on.

This was a boring post.
I apologize, it is all what is on my mind at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Dude.
    Those 12 hour shifts will be brutal, but if you're able to make sure you sleep for like 12 hours in between them, you'll be fine!

    You're good at functioning at night, and on less sleep than most, so I think you'll do better than you think!

    ReplyDelete