Thursday, August 5, 2010

finding the time


Took a cycling class today and it was so refreshing to finally get back into the swing of things! Ever since I started grad school in June, working full time and being a student full time has taken all the time and energy out of me.  Now that my body has adjusted to my crazy sleep schedule and I finally have my priorities in order, I am finding the time slots where I can squeeze in exercise.

I really enjoy group fitness classes, because you really can't cop out.  I mean, you can, but I feel like people will judge me... "look at her, she's a lard-o and can't handle it", so I never leave early and I always try really hard.  If I just go to the gym on my own, after 30 min I am bored and want to leave.  Group fitness keeps me engaged and motivated and seeing everyone around me get into it gets me going as well.  Cycling is especially fantastic, because they turn out the lights and you are in your own little bubble. You get to control how fast you go and the resistance on your bike.  



After cycling, my friends Ashley and Franke met up with me and we did yoga together.  It felt super good to stretch my body after cycling.  All three of us came to the realization that our cores are out of shape.  My legs and arms have the strength for the most part, but my core is what is lacking.  I have no balance, which in turn means my core is unable to keep up. 

So, hopefully I can stay motivated and keep this up, because I need to remember how good it feels to exercise, especially to stretch.  As long as it is not running, I enjoy exercising.  I just hate to run. Loathe it actually. Me and running? Enemies.

1 comment: