Friday, April 16, 2010

friends. love em.

My friends are so different than I am. Yet the same. I think that's how the best friendship circles work. Everyone shares some common thread in their personalities that lets them flow together, but each brings their own pizazz to the loop. I like my friends. :)  Here are some random pics of some of my greatest pals...

 
Franke, Lisa, Laura... waiting to be sat @ The Grand Luxe Cafe
*Franke... We became the closest when we were roommates in college. oh crazy roommates. Definitely have gotten into trouble with this one.
*Lisa... My longest lasting consistent best friend. Best friends since we were 8. Her birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday. love u.
*Laura... lil Laur. She is always the girl you can bring around. She gets along with everyone and is always so comfortable to be around.

  
Neiert, Madeline, Me @ The Palmer House... getting ready to hit the town
*Neiert... we hated each other at first as tennis partners on varsity tennis in high school. once the season and stress was over, we grew to love each other.
*Madeline... she dated an old friend in college and just never let her go since. She is my animal lover, liberal, hippy, happy, loving and kind friend.


  
Franke, Me, Laura, Lisa... @ The Sears Tower Skydeck



 
Ryan St. J and me @ Mardi Gras in St. Louis
*Ryan... and I used to talk on the phone every day in 6th grade. No clue what we talked about all the time. Has been a best friend since.


 
Closer: Sofie, Madeline, Me, Leah
Farther: Wylie, Toni, Tom, Jay, Joe
... ready to go out in Champaign 
*Sofie... is dating one of my dearests (Wylie) and that gives me grounds to not like her  ;)  ... but i absolutely love her.
*Leah... my first encounter with her were mostly @ Murphys Pub senior year at UofI. Always having a great time and dancing her toosh off.
*Wylie... we met in Rhetoric 105 first semester freshman year @ U of I... when I realized how insane he was... I obviously loved him right away
*Toni.. she is dating Tom (see below)... and I love her for it. She is so great to be around.
*Tom... one of Jays best friends along with Joe (see below)... and I have grown to treat them like Jay's brothers. 
*Jay: my lover.
*Joe... Jay's almost brother. love him.


  
Harry, Tdista, Me, Shley, Franke ... @ Houlihans near our hometown
*Harry... he is our goofy, loud, older brother who loves to have a good time, but will also kick someones ass if they are being mean to you.  
*TDista... she is getting married this October and I am so HAPPY for her and her almost husband, Jeff! YAY. They make so much sense together
*Shley... band nerd friends from middle school... we roughed it through the awkward years together... all the way through being roommates in college.

Shley and Mike... @ my cabin
*Mike... I have known Mike since elementary school has been a good friend since high school... and now he is married to one of my best friends.



Madeline, Me, Manda... in my room
*Manda... my awkward, no table manners, goofy, loving life with her head in the sky friend. love her.


 
Jess and Mike @ Summerfest in Milwaukee
*Jess... was "Jay's sister" at first... but now she is just "my friend who happens to be Jay's sister" :)
*Mike... a possible future brother in law... (eek can i say that?)... also one of Jay's best friends/brothers since middle school


Franke and I visiting Justin in Charleston, SC
*Justin... with Ryan St J moving to Chicago.. he is the next person I need to work on to move closer to me so I can see him more often. 




Maricel (my cousin and one of my best friends), Ed, and Me @ New Years
*Maricel... our parents used to dress us up like twins as wee children... and we have been pretty much sisters ever since.
*Ed... the Filipino version of Jay. How could I not love him?



   
Lisa, Me, Cuchna out in Bucktown
*Cuchna... my crazy, fun, energetic friend. Put her and Lisa in a room together and you could recharge a battery there is so much energy! dang Im funny!




... and Jay... my best friend.

I also feel like I become closer with some people and grow farther apart from others every day. Its like the ebb and flow of friendship. It cycles and cycles and works itself out in the end.  Sorry for anyone I didn't post a picture of, but if you know I love you.. then you know I love you.

1 comment: