Wednesday, April 7, 2010

time doesn't fly... it skyrockets.

     My brother, Ryan, turns 21 tomorrow. This just boggles my mind. When I turned 21 Ryan said to me (as an 18 year old at the time), "When I turn 21 you will be 24... that's old!"

     Now here I am at 24 and although I know my life is so different from when I was 21, I just don't feel that much older. I mean, yes, I do have a big girl job and no, I cannot go drinking 3 days a week and be able to function normally during the day, but I still feel as young as I did then. Looking back though, 21 was like a turning point; after the clock struck 22 years of age for me, life changed.  It was like after 21 I knew what I really wanted to do in life, who I wanted to be with, which people were important to me, and which direction life's path was running. After 21 I knew what I wanted my "big picture" to look like.  Now at 24, the big picture is still in sight, but the realization has dawned upon me that it's going to take many steps to get there.  I like my job and it really could be my career, but it isn't my dream career anymore.  I want more and I have to go back to school to accomplish more. Which school? Where will I live while going to school? I know I like the Chicagoland area, but where in Chicagoland do I really want to end up? When will Jay finally be done with his PhD?  What kind of job will Jay get once he is Dr. Jay? It all makes me dizzy.
 
     For now... I will focus on this week: Working. Working out. Visiting Jay. Celebrating Ryan's jump into the legal drinking world. My friends and I are taking him and his friend to a piano bar for his birthday. Ryan is a musician so he will definitely love the atmosphere.  He is a biology major by day, but music is his passion.  I am looking forward to being witness to his first taste of the big kid world. 

**Happy birthday little bro**

No comments:

Post a Comment