Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dublin - Jut landed.

Landed in Dublin safely and already made a bunch of friends... an Irishman in line who comforted me and gave me some information about the city... 2 gals who just graduate college and are backpacking Europe for 7 weeks (I envy them)... 2 old German ladies who are from Frankfurt, but are living in Dublin (I told them all about my trip to Stuttgart, Konstanz, and Luzern.. they loved my stories)... and finally my wonderful taxi cab driver Alan who may have ripped me off, but I don't even care because he was amazing. He recommended a great seafood place to eat that he often takes his family to.  Alan and I discussed his son's health problems, how he and his wife met, he recommended Bulmer's Cider (spelling?) as a great Irish drink, and we chatted up the insanity that is Chicago cab drivers.  We may have dove in a little deep for a 20 min cab ride, haha.
I just wanted to quickly write so I didn't forget anything.  Here are a couple pics for you to ooooo and ahhh at. :)  I am off to wander the city, talk to strangers, drink some Irish cider and take loads of pics. Keep checking in!

Ta ta lads.



Aer Lingus Flight Attended outfits... horrid. haha.


It's like heaven.


The coutryside... so beautful.


2 comments:

  1. yay!


    You made it! Try Magner's Cider. One of my coworkers LIVED on it while she traveled through Ireland and told me to try it - I did, and it's delicious.

    A little more research tells me that Magners IS Bulmer's (it's called Magners in the US)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you...DAMN I wish I would have come...Have fun. I want to know EVERY detail.

    ReplyDelete