Friday, September 3, 2010

If I were on Match.com


I helped one of my best friends write her match.com profile information yesterday. So much pressure! You have to sell yourself in one paragraph and then state what you are looking for in another paragraph. It is so hard to write about yourself and not sound boastful.  You also cannot be modest, because then you sound boring.  You also have to throw in some wittiness and hilarity, otherwise you sound like everyone else.  She asked me to write it, because I think it is easier having someone sum you up and make you sound really great.  

My match.com profile (if I was single and not in love with Jay) would read something along the lines of...

- Lists give me comfort
- I fall asleep in the passenger seat of a car... so I am not a good road trip buddy
- I love traveling and have been somewhere experiencing somewhere new every year of my life
- I lead an active life always doing, seeing, eating, listening to, laughing, watching, experiencing different things
- I love watching live sports, but put me in front of a tv and I will be snoring away in minutes
- I do not snore
- I like to play tennis... but do not do it enough
- I am always wearing a piece of jewelry... usually earrings
- I dress for comfort, but I would like to think I am still stylish
- I am confident
- I am comfortable
- I love to love

yeah... I don't know who would want to date that... but Jay does! 

Thankfully I do not have to be on match.com, because the whole dating scene... live or via internet would make me nervous at this point.  I would be so rusty, having been out of the dating scene for almost 4 years now.  (Jay and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary Nov 5! I hope he remembers!) 

1 comment:

  1. I wish everyone was more excited about online dating.

    I think it's interesting and amazing, and there ARE def. some creepers, but also the potential to meet some very cool people.

    ReplyDelete