Monday, September 27, 2010

Start with a bang.

With every new quarter of school I seem to always start it with a bang... and by bang I mean... I freak out, cry, call Jay exclaiming how unbelievably impossible my class is and how I am going to be a failure.  Then, after listening to my rant, Jay attempts to calm me down and put things into a more logical perspective, which makes me more upset, so I hang up on him and make it out to be his fault that my Health Care Policy class is too hard.  After about an hour of eating chocolate and stalking people on facebook... I then call Jay back, apologize, take a deep breath and my mental breakdown is over.

That is what happened Friday evening.

I am pretty good at being a student, but this Health Care Policy class that I have to take seems impossible.  I did not pay enough attention in third through fifth grade when we learned the tiers of government and how the whole process works. I am seriously considering watching School House Rock and enjoying their rendition of how a bill becomes a law.

Well.. I just found it on Kidstube.com.  Looks like I will be watching it!



After deciding I no longer wanted to make any attempts at answering discussion questions for this class, I got dolled up and went out with friends. Wearing heels, doing my makeup and putting on a cute outfit always makes me feel better... that and a couple of beers. We celebrated a birthday and the homecoming of a friend from Afghanistan. Happy times with happy friends makes for a happier me.

Now, it is Monday... back to square one. Except this time... I am armed with a better attitude: Do the best I can... and hope to get an A or B... but I will gladly take a C. This may be the only class that I am unable to truly grasp all aspects of what I am supposed to learn... so I am just going to just go with it and hope I make it through.

Unfortunately, in order for my work to reimburse me for classes (they pay me $7,500 a year... i think... in reimubursements) I have to get an A or B in the class.

On a positive note: I got an A in both my classes last semester: Advanced Physiology and Biostatistics for Evidence Based Practice. Other than this stupid Health Care Policy class... I am taking Advanced Reproductive Dynamics which I know I can get an A in... and I find SUPER intersting... and Scientific Basis for Clinical Reasoning... which shouldn't be too bad.

Sorry for my lack of correct punctuation or capitalization of letters. I am far too lazy for that tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Dude.
    You're gonna do great. And chances are - you're gonna get a B in that class. Even if you don't, at LEAST it will be over.

    ReplyDelete