Monday, September 13, 2010

Sleep and Love.

I just slept for ELEVEN hours. Yes. ELEVEN.
It. Was. Glorious.

I make it through the week sleeping in five hour increments, usually.  Then there is always one day that I hibernate. I curl up under my sheets and quilt and just give in to slumber. I love that word. SLUMBER.  Sleep is a glorious thing. It brings me dreams. It brings me rest. It brings me happiness.


Recap of my lovers visit last week... 
Jay and I have been together for just about four years now and we always plan dates together, but I decided let's plan dates like when we first started dating.. back when surprises were more frequent.  So we did.  One he planned. Then, one I planned. His was a success. Mine was... meh. 

For Jay's date we went on a walk/hike through Allerton Park, then stayed in and ordered Chinese food... a totally relaxing, cute date.  Good job, Jay!

For my date, we went to the on-campus center for the arts at the University of Illlinois and attended a Cuban music event.  I imagined the night one way and it totally turned out another way.  (I seem to set myself up for defeat and then get all sorts of disappointed and sad when it doesn't turn out the exact way I plan.  Note to self: stop doing this!)  The music was wonderful, but the amount of people was not so wonderful. When I am hungry, I cannot handle waiting in lines or being surrounded by masses, having to push through crowds to get from point A to point B. No No. I do not like.  So, we left, ate some Italian deliciousness, then gave it a second try.  We found a little spot outside that we could sit and listen.  Once I just let go of how I imagined the date to be... and just went with it.. I had fun and so did Jay, which was the whole point of the dates.  We wanted to spend time together and just be happy. So, I guess it was a success. 

 Sitting outside at the event. The blue tents housed food and drinks. 
Our view is from the steps/seats of the amphitheater outside.


A really lively Cuban band playing.


He's so cute.

Now this upcoming weekend... SO EXCITED... I am seeing Jason Mraz and Dave Matthews Band play at Wrigley Field: Home of the Cubby Bears!!  (yeah yeah, I know the Cubs are sucking badly BADLY this season).  Jay and I are going with one of my besty friends, Franke, and her boyfriend Mikey! I cannot wait. 

 Oh, Jason Mraz, I. Love. You.

Oh, Dave, I cannot wait for us to reunite again.


Franke and Mikey

3 comments:

  1. The Juniper Mays are going to play a post-DMB show in Wrigleyville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg took me like 2 minutes to think about who they were!! YESS JUNIPER MAYS!! Where?! Irish Oak again?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if juniper mays is playing, we are going!!!!! i should listen to some of the cd so i can pretend to be a groupie. however, if i see rob slanders again i will kick him!

    ReplyDelete