Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a road many times traveled

I just realized this is my 3rd post in the last 24 hours. A little much... but... I just have to celebrate myself for a moment!

In one hour... I will be out the door to attend a Pilates class at the local fitness club.  Go ME!


I have started to actually like my body and not be totally ashamed of it lately, but I also work as a nurse and know the repercussions of not staying fit.  I see what obesity, smoking, drinking, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure do to a body over time.  Thankfully I am not a cigarette smoker (I have never once tried to smoke a cigarette for fear that I may like them), nor am I a heavy drinker (I drink once every two weeks with friends). I am, however, not an ideal weight and I do not eat as many fruits and veggies as I know I should... so here is my road to a healthier life... here is to preventing high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and obesity. I have tried traveling down this road oh so many times... but I guess it always starts with one step forward, right?

So... Pilates Class.. here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment